Chocolate Cake 1
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cups castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- boiling water
Chocolate Butter Icing:
- 500 g butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- Set oven to 375°
- Grease and flour 2 x 20 cm sandwich tins.
- Sift flour, BP and salt into a bowl.
- Measure oil into measuring cup; stir in cocoa; fill up to 1 cup with boiling water.
- Stir till sides of cup are clean.
- Beat eggs and castor sugar vanilla together till like thick cream.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in oil mixture. Make sure there are no white bits left in the mixture.
- Pour half into each sandwich tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes (till knitting needle comes out clean).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes or till cake has shrunk away from sides of tins.
- Turn out onto wire tray.
- When cool, put together with butter icing.
Beat all ingredients together till soft and silvery.