Berry Fruit Bowl
2 fresh pineapples
500 g strawberries
250-g tin peach slices
250-g tin greengages
250 ml orange juice
4 Tbsp castor sugar
- Peel and slice pineapple into wedges.
- Wash strawberries thoroughly.
- Slice bananas.
- Arrange fruit in clusters in glass bowl.
- Pour over orange juice mixed with castor sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for 60 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4-6.
Omit pineapple, add fresh cherries, watermelon konfyt slivers and whole skinned plums or slices of mango.
Whipped vanilla- or rum-flavoured cream goes well with this dessert. Delicious with macaroons and meringue fingers. Serve with delicate off-sweet Moni’s Pale Dry Sherry.